HerLouisville’s Five Fun & Fast Tips for Holiday Shopping in Louisville
Holiday shopping. The very phrase conjures up images of exhausted, stressed-out shoppers standing in impossibly long lines to find presents.But wouldn’t you love it if this was the year that holiday shopping didn’t bring unnecessary stress to your life? After all, the people on your shopping list are friends and family — the very folks who bring you joy. Shouldn’t shopping for them be a little easier, and maybe even fun?
It’s easy to keep your shopping stress-free and enjoyable by being a little more intentional, and making a plan.These five fast and fun tips will help you kickstart your holiday shopping.
- Keep it Local. Louisville’s locally-owned retailers offer an amazing selection of products and friendly, helpful staffs. You can find gorgeous and unique presents for everyone on your shopping lists when you visit Louisville’s local shops. Help support local businesses this holiday season —you’ll stay far away from crowded malls and department stores and find gifts that are sure to bring a smile to your loved ones’ faces!
- Make a Day of It. Take a Saturday or Sunday morning to visit one of Louisville’s fantastic shopping districts. You’ll find that the diverse neighborhoods offer something for everyone on your shopping list. Brunch in NuLu can be paired with nearby retailers. Coffee or a cocktail in the South Fourth District or St Matthews can kick off a fun afternoon of shopping. Whether you choose the Highlands, Crescent Hill, or Middletown, you can find,
- Everyone Loves a Gift Card. Gift cards have gotten an unnecessarily bad reputation as an impersonal and lazy present, but a well-chosen gift card can be a thoughtful and welcome gift. A gift card to a favorite spa allows Mom to schedule a day of pampering at a time that works for her, while a Louisville Originals gift card lets your favorite foodie choose from a variety of local restaurants. A night at a local hotel is a thoughtful gift for a sleep-deprived new mom or caregiver, while a prepaid activity like Louisville Stoneware’s Paint Your Own Pottery makes a fun outing for the DIYer. Don’t forget to look for special promotions that offer savings on gift cards!
- Stock Up. Remember there are always a few last-minute presents to buy. Find a few all-purpose presents. Go ahead and wrap them and add a name tag. You’re ready for a last-minute gift exchange with no stress.
- Follow Your Favorite Stores. Look for the stores you love on social media for special holiday deals. Local stores often post their latest merchandise on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram along with holiday savings!
Get a jump start on your holiday shopping by visiting The Prickly Pear Thursday, November 20th, for their second anniversary celebration. Event details HERE. There will be refreshments, special deals, a charity raffle for an amazing Kentucky gift basket (proceeds benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kentuckiana), and more! Look for Louisville Family Fun’s Founder Stephanie White and me at the event; we’ll be there to help you select the perfect holiday presents for everyone on your list!
Learn about Heather and see a growing compilation of HerLouisville features on our new page dedicated to the topic. We’ll focus on entertaining, style and dining with moms in mind!