Top 5 New Year’s Eve options in Louisville for Teens
1. Have a few of your friends over to do hair and makeup, and then head out to the Belle of Louisville Riverboat for a nice dinner cruise. Not only can you enjoy a great buffet dinner, but you can also dance the night away, because there will be a DJ. Each ticket costs $41 per person, and the cruise is from 5 – 7:30.
2. If you have ever seen a dining car in a train in the movies, then you might have wondered what it would be like to actually eat on a train. If so, we have the perfect New Year’s idea for you. My Old Kentucky Dinner Train has three vintage 1940’s restored dining cars that are pulled by an old locomotive. Talk about a different New Year’s Eve outing! The dinner is a 3-hour trip and we suggest going with close friends or family for this unique experience. Imagine the photos! $40 adults, $25 child.
3. (CLOSED)Lynn’s Paradise Cafe is the kitschiest place to go on New Year’s Eve – and we mean that as a compliment. It’s a party in a restaurant on a normal night, but have you ever seen a table of toddlers, teens and grandparents dining together in a restaurant… dressed in pajamas? Even the staff is in pajamas! It’s a sight not to be missed! The food is always delicious, the service is friendly, and the atmosphere just screams, “Have fun!” Perfect for the start of a New Year. Prices vary.
4. Louisville Mega Caverns is offering an underground full of Christmas lights! You actually drive your own car into the cavern, roll down the windows and listen to Christmas music during the 30 minutes of underground Christmas decorating extravaganza. New Year’s eve tours are from 5-10 pm. If you’d like to see the rest of the caverns from a different angle, try the zipline tour of the caverns. Zipline for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours (depends on group size) to experience the massive underground cavern. Prices and times vary.
5. Are you a basketball fan? Check out the UK or UofL schedules. This is a perfect opportunity to have a relaxed date with your boyfriend, take a road trip with your closest girlfriends, or have a blast with family. We are sure that this game is going to be amazing, and the excitement will definitely be over the top. Be sure to wear your blue or red!
By guest contributor:
co-founder of PopCosmo.com