Top Ten Locally Owned Restaurants for Families on a Budget
10. Shiraz Mediterranean Grill has three locations in Louisville. This is a great place to take the family
for a healthy fast food alternative. My whole family can eat here for around $30, and my kids love the
chicken kabobs. Click here for locations and menu.
9. Clifton’s is a pizza joint with a laid-back atmosphere that makes it perfect for a family dinner.
Their pizza is some of the best in town and they have a big space upstairs that makes kids feel less confined. Click here for coupons and more
8. WW Cousins is a longtime family favorite. My kids love being able to pick what they want on their
burgers from the huge selection on the dressing bar, and the salad bar is pretty good as well. This is
another place we can usually dine for under $30, and my kids really enjoy the huge tree in the middle of
the restaurant and they offer Kids Eat Free on Tuesday evenings. Click here for more info.
7. Thai Café in Holiday Manor is a your spot for noodles and Chicken Stays. There are lots of options
for everyone in the family. They close between lunch and dinner and are closed on Sunday. Click here for more info.
6. Bearno’s is a notable neighborhood pizza place, and with 13 Louisville locations there is bound to be one
near you. Pizza is the ultimate dining-on-a-budget cuisine, and my family usually eats at Bearno’s for
around $25-30. Click here for locations and menu.
5. Vietnam Kitchen has an extensive menu of noodles, dumplings, soups, and other great Vietnamese
dishes. The most expensive thing on the menu is under $14, with most being under $10. Click here for more info.
4. Kingfish on River Road gives the opportunity for inexpensive family dinners along with some
inexpensive family fun in the summer. You can dine in the restaurant for around $30-35 (even less if you go on Tuesdays for Kids Eat Free), or you can
go to the carryout window and take your food to the picnic tables by the river. After dinner there is
playground equipment for the kids and mini golf for the whole family. Thursday night is family night in
the summer and all mini golf games are discounted. Click here for
3. Goose Creek Diner is a wonderful location to take the family for country-style cuisine, including chicken pot
pie, country fried steak, and excellent fried chicken. Dining on a budget here is certainly doable but
challenging since you have to walk by the dessert carousel on your way in. They sometimes have a
balloon artist at dinnertime but their Sunday brunch is the best deal since kids 5 and under are free and Dining Discoveries offers a discount so you can save even more. Click here for more info.
2. BBC in St. Matthews is for the whole family. The food is really good and it’s usually loud
enough that no one notices my rambunctious kids. The pizzas are great to share if you’re on a budget.
Click here for more info.
1. Fiesta Time is by far my family’s favorite place to go to dinner, budget or not. They have coupons in
the ValPak (click to print!) all the time, which makes it even more affordable. Even when we go buck wild and order
anything and everything we want, we never spend more than $40. Most visits are under $30. My oldest
son loves the beef burrito and my youngest loves a plain cheese quesadilla. The staff are always friendly
and the service is great. Fiesta Time is located at 11320 Maple Brook Drive. Call (502) 425-9144 for
By guest contributor: Maggie