Top 10 Places for Spring Farm Family Fun & Berry Picking near Louisville
We are all so excited for Spring and it’s just as fun in spring to head to the local farms as it is in the fall. It’s a different set of crops but the same family fun! I also encourage you to check out the Kentucky Farms are Fun website – good stuff.
Tune in to hear more:
This post is dated from 2014 but still accurate
10) Day trip! Evans Orchard in Georgetown, KY. It’s “bushels of family fun” – that says it all. Picking starts at around May 1 and there’s lots to choose from. They have a play area and barnyard that’s $8.00 for kids. (Children under 2 and adults are free with a paid children’s admission). Love when places don’t charge the parents!
9) Mulberry Orchard is great for spring to fall fun, check their website for when they open up for the season. They have a small yet wonderful farm store, make fantastic donuts, have a play area for the kids (free) and you definitely want to be there to get their freshly picked peaches when they are in season.
8) Day trip! Boyd Orchards in Versailles. Families can enjoy delicious baked goods, a fun play area, strawberry picking come May and more. It’s an easy drive east on 64.
7) Spring is strawberry time at Gallrein Farms in Shelbyville, head out there for juicy sweet ones and some new flowers for your garden. They also have a petting zoo and great farm store – an all around nice place to spend a day!
6) Foxhollow Farm – They have a sunset concert series so it’s not always about picking fruit at the farm each spring. Sometimes, you can just go and hang out at a farm like Foxhollow and enjoy some good music, friends and country atmosphere.
5) Hinton’s Orchard in Hodgenville, KY opens in mid-April for spring fun with fruits and veggies to enjoy or plants to bring home to your garden. They can accommodate groups and will bake up items for you to gobble up and send the kids out to play in the farmland play space.
4) Berry Best Farm in Naab, IN has an impressive list of “in season” items for options starting April through October. In spring, you can grab some fresh rhubarb, u-pick snap peas, spinach and more….and of course, berries. Bring your own containers for u-pick.
3) Joe Huber’s Family Farm & Restaurant in IN is a perfect spot to grab a home-cooking meal, spend the day in the fields picking strawberries and sit back and relax with an ice cream while the kids play in the barnyard area. The soda shop area is really cute and they often have live music and other events!
2) Bryant’s Blueberries in New Salisbury, IN – watch their website or sign up for their email alerts, they’ll let you know when the berries are perfect for picking. Click here for our past review to get all of the tips for heading over there.
1) Huber’s Orchard & Winery is a full day of family fun. Not too far from downtown Louisville, in Starlight, IN, this place offers something for everyone. We once took Grandma & Grandpa with us and they sat in the sunshine and indulged in wine & cheese while we ran around with the kids – nice for them, huh?! Kidding! We always have a good time. There’s gem mining, a large play area, animals to feed, homemade ice cream, endless goodies in the market, wine (of course) and u-pick options! Click here for a fall review, it’s just as fun in the spring.