5 Kentucky Derby Festival Events Not to Miss
1. Horseshoe Foundation Night of the Future Stars
-The Derby Festival’s basketball activities kick off with Night of the Future Stars. Admission is free with a Pegasus Pin or a ticket to the Basketball Classic game the next day. Some of the event’s most exciting moments have come during the Slam Dunk, 2-on-2 contest and the 3-point Shootout. Autograph signing opportunities available immediately following the event.
2. Give A Day: Mayor’s Week of Service
– Volunteer activities all around the city! Mayor Fischer urges citizens, businesses and civic groups to join in and volunteer. Some of the organizations that will be available for volunteers to help include Brightside, Metro United Way, Dare to Care and WaterStep. Individuals, companies and groups can volunteer online HERE
. Louisville non-profit groups, schools and churches may use that same link to list their own projects and request volunteers.
3. U.S. Bank Great BalloonFest: Great Balloon Glimmer- The Glimmer is a “mini-glow,” which kicks-off a weekend full of ballooning events. Balloons will light up on the Great Lawn of Waterfront Park for opening night of Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville and the Chow Wagon. Admission is free with a Pegasus Pin.
5. Thornton’s Great Bed Races
– Watch as 40+ teams race custom beds on wheels. Expect fun costumes, lots of energy and laughter at this unique event! Admission is free with a Pegasus Pin.
Remember: Kids under the age of 6 do not need pins!
By Guest Contributor: Kelly