Top 10 Ways to Beat the Heat This Summer – Louisville, KY
Summer is officially here! If your family is like mine, you’ll soon be in search of a way to cool off. Check out these tips to beat heat this summer in Louisville.
Do you need some indoor fun this summer? Or, maybe some pools or spraygrounds to stay cool? Here are some ideas!
10. Bowling alleys are generally open morning to late in the evening. And, in the summer, they stay nice and cool! Here are the kids bowl free locations around town.
9. Prefer air conditioning? Here is an awesome list of indoor fun………and you can enjoy the A/C and get out of the sun.
8. Make sure you get a Cultural Pass for each of your kids. There are many indoor places to explore and it’s free for the kids and an accompanying adult. Information here.
7. Side by Side Studio has extensive programming for kids of all ages as well as programs for families to do together. Their charming Frankfort Ave. location is a great spot for crafting indoors on a hot summer day. Check out their website for details.
6. Visit a local spray-ground or splash park. Here are a list of area options.
5. Go see a movie…you might even need a sweater! This is usually a pricey option for families, but during the summer, there are several theaters and other venues showing movies for free or cheap. See our latest summer movie discount list for details
4. Grab some froyo! Kid’s love self-serve frozen yogurt shops with their vast array of flavors and toppings. Orange Leaf is our favorite because they don’t charge by weight – pile it on! Or maybe try something new at Steel City Pops or Cocoberry Pops!
3. Prefer a traditional cone? Check out some of Louisville’s best ice cream shops.
The Barrel of Fun Ice Cream
The Comfy Cow
The Widow’s Walk Ice Creamery – great view!
Valley Dairy Freeze
2. Visit a local water park or pool.
All About Kids: (We have a lot of info about AAK on our site)
Atlantis Water Park
John W. Black Aquatic Center
Mary T. Meagher
YMCA Greater Louisville
Plainview Swim Center
EP Tom Sawyer State Park
By guest contributor: Brandy