Memorial Day Weekend events around Louisville
Memorial Day Weekend Family Fun Events
Are you looking for events for your family this Memorial Day weekend? There’s a lot to do in Louisville with kids on Memorial Day and the three day weekend. Here are some ideas:
Here are some highlights:
- The Mayor’s Subway Fresh Fit Hike, Bike & Paddle is Monday, May 28 from 8am – 2pm at Waterfront Park.
- The Louisville Bats will be playing at home all weekend, fireworks on Friday and Sunday Night. Kids meal deal on Sunday.
- Place a flag for vets – on the north great lawn of Waterfront Park. Assist with placing the flags to form the large “USA” beginning with a short ceremony on Saturday, May 27 at noon.
- Check out the music festival Abbey Road on the River celebrating the Beatles.
- Maybe camping is your thing so check out Louisville South KOA for some fun: crafts, a campground-wide cookout, a contest for best-decorated campsite, movie night and a pancake breakfast.
- Love strawberries? Be sure to check out the Strawberry Festival in Starlight, IN
- Another music festival, Kentucky Reggae Festival, Live Reggae Music, Caribbean vendor market, Authentic Jamaican food, Kids entertainment area and Free Parking!
- Golf with your family for a special low price! Louisville Metro Golf courses usually have a special discount on Memorial Day weekend. Give your favorite course a call.
- Find a new-to-you place to eat for outdoor dining.
- Take a sightseeing tour on the Belle of Louisville. They have a special Memorial Day lunch cruise.
- Go shopping at the Kentucky Expo Center – Kentucky Flea Market May 25-28
- Head to Waterfront Park for the Fleur de Flea Spring Market May 26 from 9am – 5pm.
- Glo Run is May 26. Night race fun.
Looking for more summer fun? Click here.
Do you know of other special events and activities happening in the area for Memorial weekend? Be sure to e-mail email@example.com to keep our list and calendar updated and accurate. Thanks!