9 Ideas for Louisville Summer Staycation Fun
Spending the summer at home? Make the most of your Louisville Summer Staycation.
Summer break is in full swing and not every family is able to go out of town for a vacation. The good news is that there is plenty of fun to be had right here in the Louisville area! Here are 9 ideas for Louisville Summer Staycation Fun.
Outdoor fun for clear days
2. Picnic and play at a Louisville Metro Park, Louisville Waterfront Park or the The Parklands of Floyds Fork. Some of these parks include spraygrounds for cooling off and The Parklands offers extras such as fishing and canoeing.
3. Cool off at a public pool or water park. There are outdoor and indoor swimming options.
4. Check out a book or special program at a Louisville Free Public Library branch. Wonderul programming is offered for patrons of all ages.
5. Enjoy a free outdoor movie. Keep in mind, this is late night fun as movies typically begin at dusk.
6. Explore a state park. There are 3 in or just outside of Louisville. Falls of the Ohio State Park, E.P. Tom Sawyer State Park and Charlestown State Park. If you’re willing to venture a little further, check out the Kentucky State Parks website.
Indoor fun for rainy or blazing hot days
7. Check out a local museum or tour a historical home.
8. Go bowling or skating for free. Many local bowling alleys offer a Kids Bowl Free program and Champs Rollerdrome participates in Kids Skate Free. Or, maybe even some laser tag! Lazer Blaze has great deals, see our calendar.
9. Enjoy a free or discounted movie at a local theater or library branch.
Still itching to get out of town? You don’t have to use a lot of gas or incur a hotel expense to go on a mini-vacation. A day trip can is a great way to break up the the dog days of summer. Click HERE for some fun day trip ideas.
By Guest Contributor: Brandy