Easter Fun at Home
Due to the global pandemic, Easter 2020 events will not take place like they have in the past. But, we have plenty of ideas for Easter fun at home!
Many parents are wondering what to do at home that can still be a fun experience for Easter. Holidays are about spending time together so as long as you can still do that, your Easter will be memorable.
Easter 2020 events around Louisville will not take place this year. Usually there are tons of Easter egg hunts, special breakfasts with the Easter bunny, or restaurants that offer delicious Easter brunches. You can recreate those events at home or start new traditions this year!
Click here to see a list of local restaurants offering Easter Meals to-go!
WLKY has a guide to churches in the area that provide online services. Presumably, these same places will conduct Easter 2020 service online. You can “attend” your church or find a new one to enjoy on Easter Sunday. If you want to “go” with your family members, Facetime on mute so you can see each other while you both participate in the online service.
- Be a part of our BIG window egg hunt. We have made 4 printable blank eggs you and your children can decorate and hang in your window. You can drive to friends houses to find the eggs from your car or walk around your neighborhood and hunt for the eggs in their windows. Finish at your own home and have a chocolate treat waiting under the window!
- Little kiddos will have fun with this video game decorating and hiding eggs in the game!
If you have a senior in your life that is separated from you, print these, color them, then hang them on their window facing the inside for them to see.
- Paint rocks to look like eggs. This is a fun activity to do on Saturday before Easter. Then, on Easter place them around your home outside if the weather is good! Play hot and cold when everyone is finding the rocks.
- Make bunny pancakes for a fun family brunch.
- Pick up DIY cookie kits from a local bakery for Easter 2020. Plehn’s Bakery is just fantastic and they have curbside pickup. Place your orders early! They are very popular. Click here for our post about local bakeries offering curbside pickup of kits (cupcakes and cookies!)
- Get local Easter Candy to support candy shops.
- Bunny Pizza Pockets from the Pillsbury website.
- Make a classic bunny cake. It’s easy with just two round cakes, icing, and whatever you can decorate with.
Visits with the Easter Bunny
- Pink Julep Boutique is coordinating visits with the Bunny at a safe distance. Click here for more information. They have no-contact visits and will deliver Easter-themed bath bombs for your kiddos. Check with them to see if the Bunny will come to your home!
- Chelle Belle’s Creations has blank door hangers in Easter themes. They are so cute! You can order one and make it with your family. A special memory for this really unique 2020 Easter.
- Make salt dough ornaments and start an Easter Tree!
- Paint a window to look like stained glass with clear Elmer’s glue and food coloring. Take a look at this beautiful creation. In the comments, the woman says that the artwork peels off when it dries and you can clean the rest with windex! Below, our LouFamFun Lauren used washable crayola craft paint mixed with a little bit of dish soap. She used painters tape to create the design.
Local Business offering Easter Actives to take home
Learning Express Toys & Gifts – Offering Easter Bundles with toys. They will deliver on orders that are $50 or more and offer curbside pick up.
Carmichael’s Kids – They have Easter books, basket gift ideas, fun plush toys, and more. Call, 502-709-4900. They are offering curbside pickup and free local delivery.