Top 10 Places for Spring Farm Family Fun & Berry Picking near Louisville
Strawberry picking and other spring farm family fun near Louisville. Pick other seasonal fruits as well!
We are all so excited for Spring and it’s just as fun in spring to head to the local farms as it is in the fall. It’s a different set of crops but the same family fun! I also encourage you to check out the Kentucky Farms are Fun website – good stuff.
Please contact them before heading to their farms. Updates listed after each business name, but crops and offerings tend to change day by day at these local farms.
Berry picking and more
10) Day trip for strawberry picking! Evans Orchard in Georgetown, KY. Check back soon for updates on u-pick. It’s “bushels of family fun” – that says it all. Picking starts at around May 1 and there’s lots to choose from. Also, they have a play area and barnyard that’s $8.00 for kids. (Children under 2 and adults are free with a paid children’s admission). Love when places don’t charge the parents!
9) Mulberry Orchard is great for spring to fall fun, check their website for when they open up for the season. Opening in June 2021. They have a small yet wonderful farm store, make fantastic donuts, have a play area for the kids and you definitely want to be there to get their freshly picked peaches when they are in season. When you are looking for peaches, this is the place to go to.
Mulberry Orchard has been working on their play area and keeps adding fun features!
8) If you are looking for a Day trip, here’s an idea! Eckert’s Orchards in Versailles. While visiting, families can enjoy delicious baked goods, a fun play area, strawberry picking come May and more. It’s an easy drive east on 64.
7) Spring is strawberry picking time at Gallrein Farms in Shelbyville U-PICK OPENS 5/22/21!!! Check their Facebook page for updates), head out there for juicy sweet ones and some new flowers for your garden. Additionally, they also have a petting zoo and great farm store – an all around nice place to spend a day!
6) Whittaker Run Farm (They post what’s available for pick up on their Facebook page)– This is a small family run farm in Mt. Washington so it’s important to check Facebook updates or call ahead to make sure they have not been picked out or close for a private group. Sometimes they even have live music!
More options for berry picking
5) Hinton’s Orchard in Hodgenville, KY. (You should check on their Facebook page regularly for updates on what fruit is available) opens in mid-April for spring fun with fruits and veggies to enjoy or plants to bring home to your garden. They can accommodate groups and will bake up items for you to gobble up and send the kids out to play in the farmland play space.
4) Berry Best Farm in Naab, IN (hoping their strawberries will be ready June 2021) has an impressive list of “in season” items for options starting April through October. During spring, you can grab some fresh rhubarb, u-pick snap peas, spinach and more….and of course, berries. Bring your own containers for u-pick.
3) Joe Huber’s Family Farm & Restaurant in IN is a perfect spot to grab a home-cooking meal, spend the day in the fields picking strawberries and sit back and relax with an ice cream while the kids play in the barnyard area. The soda shop area is really cute and they often have live music and other events!
2) Bryant’s Blueberries in New Salisbury, IN (Expecting crop to come in June 2021, best thing to do is sign up for their email updates) – If you want updates, no worries, they’ll let you know when the berries are perfect for picking. Click here for our past review to get all of the tips for heading over there.
1) Huber’s Orchard & Winery. Click here to learn more about u-pick. This place is a full day of family fun and great for strawberry picking. Not too far from downtown Louisville, in Starlight, IN, this place offers something for everyone. We once took Grandma & Grandpa with us and they sat in the sunshine and indulged in wine & cheese while we ran around with the kids – nice for them, huh?! Kidding! We always have a good time. There’s gem mining, a large play area, animals to feed, homemade ice cream, endless goodies in the market, wine (of course) and u-pick options! Click here for a fall review, it’s just as fun in the spring.
For more FOOD-related family fun, see below