9 Ideas for Louisville Summer Staycation Fun
Spending the summer at home? Make the most of your Louisville Summer Staycation.
Summer break is in full swing and not every family is able to go out of town for a vacation. The good news is that there is plenty of fun to be had right here in the Louisville area! Here are 9 ideas for Louisville Summer Staycation Fun.
You can’t go on vacation all summer long, but how you can have little staycations in Louisville. We have 9 themed sets of ideas on this post. From indoor to outdoor, for the active family looking to do something new to them right here in town.
Book a day at the pool at Omni Hotel downtown for rooftop swimming!
Outdoor fun for clear days
2. Picnic and play at a Louisville Metro Park, Louisville Waterfront Park or the The Parklands of Floyds Fork. Some of these parks include spraygrounds for cooling off and The Parklands offers extras such as fishing and canoeing.
3. Cool off at a public pool or water park. There are outdoor and indoor swimming options. For 2021, some of these pools are having difficulty filling life guard positions so they may not have stable hours of operation.
5. Enjoy a free outdoor movie. Keep in mind, this is late night fun as movies typically begin at dusk. Bring chairs, blankets, bug spray and snacks. It’s a great family evening.
6. Explore a state park. There are 3 in or just outside of Louisville. Falls of the Ohio State Park, E.P. Tom Sawyer State Park and Charlestown State Park. If you’re willing to venture a little further, check out the Kentucky State Parks website. There are also GREAT places for swimming at lakes that have beaches and many of the state parks are the place to go for this!
Indoor fun for rainy or blazing hot days
7. Check out a local museum or tour a historical home.
9. Enjoy a free or discounted movie at a local theater or library branch (none listed yet for 2021 at LFPL).
Still itching to get out of town? You don’t have to use a lot of gas or incur a hotel expense to go on a mini-vacation. A day trip can is a great way to break up the the dog days of summer. Click HERE for some fun day trip ideas.