Top 13 Indoor Things to do with Teens/Tweens in Louisville, KY
Here are some of our family-friendly indoor ideas from a mom of a tween!
1. Main Event Entertainment has a huge indoor arcade and games play area plus a really cool black light bowling center. They also have a fantastic indoor ropes course as well as an entertaining laser tag section. They have deals to save some money on certain days during the week.
2. SimCave is the new indoor digital gaming arena in Louisville and has already found itself widely popular among people of all ages!
3. House of Boom Extreme Air Sports is our go-to for indoor jumping! It’s an indoor trampoline park located in Middletown. On Friday and Saturday nights they offer ClubBOOM from 9pm to Midnight for teens ages 15 and over! It is near a lot of great places to eat and get a sweet treat (such as the Middletown location of Comfy Cow!)
4. Renaissance Fun Park is full of all kinds of fun for tweens and teens! They always seem to be offering some kind of deal, such as their occasional fun pass for $20 that includes unlimited Go Karts, Laser Tag and Mini Golf for 4 hours. Check out their website for more information.
5. Bowling– If you want to go Bowling in Louisville with tweens and teens in mind, there are plenty of options from which to choose.
-Fern Valley Strike and Spare
–Ten Pin Lanes
7. Movies!! – Xscape Theatres, Carmike Stonybrook 20, Cinemark Tinseltown, Baxter Avenue Theatres, Preston Crossings 16, Keystone Cinemas (Mt. Washington), Kentucky Science Center, Regal Cinemas New Albany 16, Cinemark Mall St. Matthews, and Village 8 Theatres (not closing yet!)
8. Bluegrass Indoor Karting is a unique indoor go-kart place right in the heart of Jeffersontown’s Bluegrass Industrial Park. They have some great options for indoor fun! Check out our review here.
9. BreakOut Louisville Escape Games is a place I haven’t tried yet, but many friends have loved it. I think it’s a neat idea to take teens as a group to try and figure out the mystery! There is a waiver to be filled out for anyone under age 18, and if you’re under age 14 you must be accompanied by an adult.
10. Malibu Jacks is another indoor entertainment center that is located near Main Event. They offer arcades, bowling, go-karts and mini golf as well.
11. SkyZone Louisville is another great indoor trampoline park that offers SkyJam on Saturday nights from 10pm too 11:30pm. It’s specifically for teens ages 16 and over. They also offer many weekday deals so check their website.
12. Climb NuLu is a fabulous indoor rock climbing spot in the heart of NuLu. They have a Youth Climbing Club and a Youth Climbing Team, perfect for younger ones and tweens-teens ages 6-17! Check out their website http://climbnulu.com/ for more info, and our review!
13. Shopping – We know most tweens and teens like to shop. Of course, there are the malls such as Oxmoor Center, Mall St. Matthews, Jefferson Mall, and Greentree Mall in Southern Indiana. Just remember the new restrictions (at Oxmoor and Mall St. Matthews) that an adult must accompany teens after 4pm on Fridays and Saturdays. Keep in mind places like Five Below in Middletown; my daughter was recently at a sleepover for a friend’s birthday party and they wen to Blaze Pizza (where each girl got to make their own individual pizza which is really fun), shopped at Five Below, and went and saw a movie at Xscape Theater. It’s fun to group ideas together for a fun experience with a group of your tweens’/teens’ friends!
Need more ideas? See our previous post.
By guest contributor: Erin