Unique Vacation Spots in Kentucky
Kentucky has some really cool places to stay if you are looking for an unusual spot to do something different!
Treehouses, shipping containers, cabins, unique hotels. Travel Kentucky to find an unusual spots to stay.
Unique vacations spots in Kentucky seems to be what a lot of people are looking for these days. Perhaps you are looking for something off the beaten path or with a piece of history. These places will provide that and give you unique memories for a family vacation in the best unusual way possible!
Note: Airbnb links are affiliate links and Louisville Family Fun earns a commission on bookings through those links.
1. Stay in a Conestoga Wagon and enjoy the amenities of a KOA camping site. It’s near a bunch of attractions in Cave City.
2. The Tree Top Roundhouse along Lake Cumberland Shores is up on stilts in the tree tops. It will provide your family with a relaxing getaway in nature.
3. Have you ever wanted to try staying in a treehouse? This cabin in the middle of the Red River Gorge features amazing views! It is not recommended for unsupervised or young children, it is high up! You will climb 120 steps to get there so pack light. Look at the bedroom though, it’s like your are outdoors without actually being outside! The observatory is just amazing.
4. The Jailer’s Inn in Bardstown, KY has plenty of posh rooms to choose from. But the most unique room they have is the restored jail cell, complete with black and white stripes and pictures of Elvis and James Dean. You can actually sleep in a restored jail bunk!
5. Did you know there’s an Inn at Shaker Village? This historic site offers simple Shaker accommodations in a rustic setting.
6. Rabbit Hash General Store is in the heart of Rabbit Hash, Kentucky, the town that has a dog for mayor. You can stay in the General Store’s apartment and explore all the charming town has to offer.
7. If you’re looking for the next place for your big family reunion, check out Pine Paradise at Nolin Lake. This place has 8 bedrooms and sleeps 48. There’s a game room, party barn, lake, fire pit, barbecue pit, and more. If you have a family of 48…….this is your place.
8. Stay in a totally decked-out shipping container. For real, this is a thing, look here. Not far from Red River Gorge, you can enjoy all that the are has to offer and then come back to the fire pit and really interesting vacation home.
9.Stay in a luxury Yurt in the Red River Gorge at Cliffview Resort. A dome on top allows the sunlight in during the day and the effect of sleeping under the stars at night.
10. Hidden Cave Ranch offers a bed and breakfast atmosphere with horseback riding and relaxation.
11. Progress Park is nestled in Louisville and is a hideaway from the hustle and bustle of the city. And, you can stay in an airstream that has been completely updated. They have a small lake for swimming with a dock, kayaks, hammocks and more. Getaway without the drive!
12. Homegrown Hideaways has everything from tiny houses to yurts to treehouses. Camping too. Disconnect and hang out with your family (maybe in a tipi???) in Berea at one of the most unique vacation spots in Kentucky. Read a review here.
Looking for more ideas about unusual vacation spots in Kentucky? We have a cabin rental post that might just be exactly what you are looking for!