Thomas Dairy Farm & Market in Cecilia, KY
Writers were granted admission for purpose of this review.
Every fall, Louisville families look for that farm day experience with the quintessential ingredients – chill in the air, corn maze, pumpkin picking, hay rides, and picture-perfect moments. Thomas Dairy Farm & Market delivers that as an annual day trip to remember.
2019 opening weekend begins Saturday, September 21st for daytime activities and Zombie Paintball will begin Friday, September 27th. They are open until Sunday, November 3rd.
Here are some helpful tips from our team:
1. Dress appropriately! You definitely want old sneakers or boots and comfortable play clothes. Layer for the chill in the evening. This is a working farm and there is a lot for the kids to dive into (literally). The pumpkin field was a seek-and-find due to tall weeds this year. While this made the choice of pumpkins easier and the kids had a great time trying to find the pumpkins, you’ll regret it if you wear shorts.
3. Plan to stay a while with the whole family! Between the mazes, hay rides, slides, swings, corn pit, jump pillow and SO MUCH MORE there is plenty to keep everyone busy for quite a while.
4. Bring a picnic. While they do have reasonably priced food, snacks and drinks at Thomas Dairy Farm, you can bring your own cooler and save some money. They want you to feel at home. There are plenty of tables and open areas to sit and eat. Pack s’more ingredients for the campfire that they start up at sunset.
5. Prepare to get lost in the 8 acre corn maze…some have even resorted to cheating to get out! It’s challenging so if you love corn mazes, this is one to visit. There’s also a little corn maze for kids and the corn is shorter so you can see them.
6. Bring warm clothes (jackets, etc.) and prepare to stay late and get scared…or not. They have a couple fire pits to sit around when it gets dark. The Zombie Paintball Hayride is not scary, but super fun to ride in the dark of night with the music blaring. But The Woods is not for children or faint of heart. Enter at your own risk!
9. Prepare for port-o-potties. This is a working family farm so unless they are letting you into their home for a restroom break, port-o-potties are the only option. They do have a hand sanitizer station.
10. They take credit cards. This place is so awesomely authentic but they are up to speed on mobile pay. So, you don’t have to worry about carrying around a bunch of cash if you don’t want to!
Thomas Dairy Farm and Market is located at 4625 Leitchfield Rd. in Cecilia, Kentucky. For more information their facebook page. Click here to see our Facebook interview with Walker Thomas.