Momventures: Moms’ Night Out in Louisville
Looking for moms night out ideas? We have them!
One of the worst things you can do as a mother is to neglect yourself. You need a moms night out! You have to take care of you because you can’t pour from an empty cup. This year your resolution should be to take better care of yourself, and that includes spending more time with your friends away from your kids doing fun things. After all they learn from you how to have fun and enjoy life! Here are some of the most fun things you can do for moms night out around Louisville:
- Take a bourbon tour. Louisville is the epicenter of Kentucky’s Native Spirit, and as of press time there are six distilleries open for tours in the city with at least two more on the way. You can have an entire day or even a whole weekend of bourbon tourism without leaving the city! Some distilleries offer cocktail classes and other special events as well, and be on the lookout soon for the opening of Rabbit Hole Distillery, Michter’s Fort Nelson, and Old Forester on Main. Many of these visitor experiences end at 5 p.m., but oftentimes the special events take place in the evening. Distilleries open now for public tours are:
- Go on a Mint Julep Tour. Sure, they are mostly known for their bourbon tours, but did you know they do beer and wine tours and even progressive dinners? You can board the bus at one location and it will take you to several restaurants where you will enjoy a course and a cocktail at each stop! If riding the bus isn’t your thing you can also buy tickets to attend a taping of Secrets of Bluegrass Chefs at the Bourbon Barrel Foods test kitchen!
- Go Roller Skating. You may not believe me but you can definitely do this. It’s like riding a bike, more or less. And if you break a bone that’s just street cred to your kids. Some of the places you can go roller skating in Louisville are:
- Paint things. There’s no limit to the number of painting type things you can do in Louisville. This is a popular moms night out! You can take a structured painting class, you can go rogue and paint your own, and you can even paint pottery! Some options include:
- Take a cooking class. OK, maybe this one sounds too much like work. But learning how to cook something you don’t normally cook can get you out of that dinner rut you know you’re stuck in, and cooking with friends is always a ton of fun. Some options include:
- Check out a museum. Whether you want to go to an art museum or abaseball bat museum, there’s something for everyone in Louisville for a moms night out. Some options include:
- Take a walking tour. The Old Louisville Neighborhood Association has many different tours on top of their regular historic walking tour, including the Old Louisville Victorian Ghost Walk. Or you can do a self-guided GPS tour! What a great moms night out!
- Make something out of glass. There are plenty of hot shops in Louisville and you can do a lot more than just Christmas ornaments, including jewelry at the Payton Glass Center at Glassworks. Some options include:Hyland Glass (See our review here)
- Escape Rooms. I don’t know if it’s something in the water but it seems like everywhere I go I see a new escape room. I haven’t tried one myself yet, but my office is planning an outing soon. I’ve heard great things about them and there are multitudes from which to choose. Some options include:
By Guest Contributor: Maggie